32-Million Dollar Author Roger C. Parker, and designer Maria G. Nozza, have written a Membership Site Content & Design Planner that provides a concise guide to the content and design issues involved in setting up a membership, or subscription, website. Membership sites allow prospects and casual visitors to sample a website's content, but limit distribution of premium content to currently enrolled members. Membership sites offer a practical and proven option for authors, business owners, and information marketers looking for new profit opportunities.
Membership site success is based on a combination of design and content decisions which must be made during the set-up process. After the site has been properly set up, the membership site software's built-in content management system makes it easy to add and format new content.
Roger and Maria's Membership Site Content & Design Planner describes a 6 step formula for success:
- Planning involves reviewing site goals and market information needs in order to identify content topics.
- Design tasks include selecting logical categories for organizing content and making layout, typographic, and color decisions that will appear on every page.
- Marketing involves establish and prioritizing tasks to be completed during the pre-launch, launch, and post-launch. Marketing also involves creating the proper incentives to encourage members and prospect sign-ups.
- Production requires creating the promised articles, audios, templates and videos for members to access.
- Updating tasks include adding new content at consistent intervals to keep the site fresh for both prospects and members.
- Tracking is the key to long-term success by identifying where prospects and members are coming from and the site's most popular features.
By identifying and prioritizing the decisions that must be made at the various stages of a membership site's life, the Membership Site Content & Design Planner has made a significant contribution to the careers of many site owners, and it can do the same for you!